Wednesday 3 November 2010

29 miles and counting!

A few days ago, my friend Soo suggested nice a Sunday ride to me. Brixham - Dartmouth (about 4  miles). Of course, getting into the swing of training I happily agreed.

One thing Soo forgot to mention to me was the Brixham - Dartmouth, via Totnes part of the ride! We started out at 8.30am (on a Sunday, I know!) and headed off on our ride.

Brixham - Churston - Waddeton - Stoke Gabriel - Aish - Longcombe - Totnes - Tuckenhay - Dartmouth - Kingswear - Brixham.

Suffice to say, I was very very tired after all that biking! Surprisngly though, it really wasn't as hard as I had expected. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination but it definitely wasn't as tough as I had expected. I've definitely surprised myself by what I can already do.

Even more suprisinging is that I still had both the feeling in my legs and the ability to walk on Monday morning!

Again, I realise that 29 miles is a small portion of what I will be doing on challenge days but I'm really starting to feel like this is a manageable task.

No comments:

Post a Comment