Tuesday 7 December 2010

A well earned rest?

I have been away for 2 week but was determined to still get some training and fundraising in while I was away. I went to Seattle to visit friends so had looked up local cycle routes and came across the Burke-Gilman trail - a 27 mile route popular with bikers and joggers.


In addition to wanting to tackle this route (I say ''tackle'' - it's all flat and I'm used to Devon hills, but it would have been good for distance) I had also planned on two wheels being my main mode of transport - since hiring a car and driving on the wrong side of it, as well as the road, scares the pants off me! However, you know what they say about the best made plans...



The 8 inches of snow that fell the day after I arrived soon put paid to my plans of cycling everywhere. - degrees and icy roads did not seem like any fun!  But, don't be alarmed...in spite of not being able to cycle, I still managed to get a bit of fundraising done! I had a meeting with a lovely gentleman called Scott at Washington State University who not only gave me some excellent fundraising ideas, but also sponsored me!

No comments:

Post a Comment