Wednesday 11 May 2011

87 miles...

I was, again, determined today that I absolutely was going to make the 100 mile mark today...but alas, I did not. :-(

I am quite disappointed as now I still can't 100% say that I am ready for the trip or that every day is achievable for me, as I have so far been unable to achieve the 100 miles.

I cycled from home to the double lock in Exeter and then back again, which is no mean feat and is definitely still an impressive ride. I think last week, I took a few wrong turns and managed to clock up a bit of extra mileage without realising I has done so. Therefore, this week I got closer to Exeter in less miles than last week (something which massively confused me until I just realised how I had managed it) so by the time I got to the double lock I was on 42 miles (as opposed to the 50 something I had expected).



I considered continuing to Exmouth but I don't really know the way and didn't want to get lost and have to call someone to come and get me. So, I stopped for a brief rest and a cup of tea and then headed home. I did think that I would be able to get the extra 16 miles in somewhere on the way home, and although I did put a few loops in on my way back, I only managed to add an extra 3 miles (although it seemed waaaaay further at the time)

I'm still disappointed that I didn't make the 100...but on the plus side, I absolutely owned the hill up to Longdown (got up in one go as opposed to three last weekend!)

My legs are sore after the distance but not as bad as I had expected and hopefully they will be okay tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment