Thursday 24 February 2011

Training schedule

When I signed up for the bike ride, I downloaded all the forms and filed them in my 'London to Paris' folder. The training schedule went along with these forms and that's pretty much where it stayed until February 6th. I knew that training would have to start on the 7th as it's a 17 week programme.

The basic layout is 3-4 sessions a week, with one being a big cycle. The sessions increase in time/intensity/distance as the weeks go on.

I am now coming to the end of week 3 and it is all going well so far. The workout schedule is pretty easy going as it's designed to gently introduce you to regular exercise. Since I've been getting out on my bike and going to the gym for the last 6 months, the tasks are still fairly simple.

I was well aware of the physical demands of the schedule before I started and so they haven't caused me any particular distress (except maybe week 13 onwards 60/75 mile cycles) but the one thing I hadn't really factored in is time. I'm generally a fairly busy person but with work, fundraising and training I think I am going to struggle to have time to do it all. I've started to have to schedule in my sessions a week or more in advance so that I can allocate enough time for them.

I knew when I signed up for this that it was going to take up a lot of time but I think I have now had to resign myself to the fact that 'London to Paris' is my life until June 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment